Professional higher national diploma (Dnsp)
The Centre national des arts du cirque in Châlons-en-Champagne (Cnac) and the Ecole nationale des arts du cirque in Rosny-sous-Bois (Enacr), have joined together in order to construct a shared educational programme allowing them to award the circus artist's Dnsp.
This diploma is based on a reference system of certification structured in 3 parts. Teaching dispensed during the three years of the Dnsp programme (Dnsp 1 at the Enacr in Rosny-sous-Bois, Dnsp 2 and 3 at the Cnac in Châlons-en-Champagne), is fully integrated into this system, and allows each student to acquire the tools to reach the set goals, as follows:
Performing as a circus artist
- contributing to putting on a show or circus act,
- performing in the circus show or act,
- maintaining the physical integrity of self and others, ensuring the safety of the location and material.
Maintaining and developing artistic abilities and performance skills
- developing and enriching the techniques and vocabulary relevant to the chosen discipline,
- developing the fundamental artistic and technical components of the discipline,
- maintaining and developing physical ability,
- broadening knowledge of circus culture and of other arts,
- developing autonomy and the ability to adapt.
Valorizing individual skills and building a career path
- knowing your professional level,
- keeping abreast of the socio-professional and technical environment of the profession,
- developing and broadening professional relations,
- participating if necessary in promoting your art form.
The students' learning is continually assessed through practical work throughout the course, and there may be an additional interview, oral, or written exam for certain subjects.